Re: eBay Photo Equipment Sellers Was: [OM] 21mm f2 close focus stop

Subject: Re: eBay Photo Equipment Sellers Was: [OM] 21mm f2 close focus stop
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:38:22 -0600
On 8 Jul 2001, at 19:10, Bruce Kolber wrote:

> If I read one more description that says something like "MINT++
> condition except for bullet hole through front element" I think I'll
> scream.

Ah, yes, but didn't that one come with the bullet included???  What a
deal!  :-)

> Maybe we should start a contest for "most ridiculous description in an
> Oly eb*y auction".

The winner of that one HAS to be the guy who, awhile back, describe
the glass in his extension tube something along the lines of "perfect,
with no scratches, fungus or other flaws!"  :-)))  Anyone else remember
that one?  Or, more recently, there was the lens hood described as a
"light funnel."  :-)))

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  I recently bought an OM-10 outfit for a great price.  When it
arrived, the 50/1.8 had fungus on the front *and* rear elements.  First
message to the seller went without a reply.  Second message (several
weeks later) got me a lecture on how I shouldn't complain since I got
such a good deal (*he* set the reserve...  not I!), and how he owns
N*kons and L**cas so surely his "discerning eye" wouldn't have missed
fungus in the lens!  I'll still (hopefully) get my money back on the resale
(body only, of course!), but probably won't make anything on it.

Poop happens, I guess.  But, overall, I've done pretty good on *Bay.

---
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca