Re: [OM] debut/obscure lens question/bargain

Subject: Re: [OM] debut/obscure lens question/bargain
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 21:28:40 -0500
Chris,

I'm no help on the Spiratone, but welcome to the list. You'll love it hear,
but if you expect help 'controlling your buying habits', this is the WRONG
place to be. Trust me, this list turned me into a monster.

As for the 35/2 and 24/2.8, that is an ok price for the 35 and a good price
for the 24.  I'd buy the 24 in a heartbeat, long before I'd buy the 35.  The
24 is a sweet, very useful lens.

Or buy them both <g>.

See, that's what we do.

Tom

> Hello all,
>
> I'm a new list member, finally forced to turn here for support because my
wife is no longer supportive, or even civil, about my growing Olympus
arsenal. Don't know if it's the money, the space the gear takes up or the
time I spend polishing it. Probably one of the the latter reasons,
considering I haven't yet blown all the proceeds from the EOS system I've
mostly sold off over the past year (if anyone is curious why, I'm trying to
strengthen my photographic skills and unlearn my pointographic ills.) But
there is a possibility I could clear out a little space if anyone is ever
looking to unload a nice, but not too-nice, Zuiko 28/2 ...

> My question concerns the Spiratone 20/2.8. I have been offered a mint
example for under $100. The archives of this list contain some general
praise for its performance, but I am particularly interested in its
distortion characteristics. Compared to other lenses in this range, are
straight lines kpt reasonably straight?

> A decent bargain can be found at usedphoto.com.The owner, Brad (no
relation/affiliation/etc.,) is offering a nice-looking Zuiko 35/2 for $140.
I'm publicizing this for a selfish reason. I want someone to buy it before I
break down. There's also an MC 24/2.8 at the same price.