Re: [OM] debut/obscure lens question/bargain

Subject: Re: [OM] debut/obscure lens question/bargain
From: "Tom A. Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 17:29:42 -0400
On Wednesday, June 27, 2001 at 16:23, Chris Carroll <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote on "[OM] debut/obscure lens question/ba," saying..

> I'm a new list member, finally forced to turn here for support
> because my wife is no longer supportive, or even civil, about my
> growing Olympus arsenal. Don't know if it's the money, the space
> the gear takes up or the time I spend polishing it.

Try polishing her once in a while. Watch her shine.

> My question concerns the Spiratone 20/2.8. I have been offered a
> mint example for under $100. The archives of this list contain
> some general praise for its performance, but I am particularly
> interested in its distortion characteristics. Compared to other
> lenses in this range, are straight lines kpt reasonably straight?

I'd just ask to borrow it for an hour or two & try it out on some
rectilinear buildings

--------- Questions answerered, answers questioned.
Tom Trottier, President         <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
http://abacurial.com                   ICQ:57647974
400 Slater St. Suite 415, Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7S7
+1 613 291-1168  fax:+1 613 594-5412  (877)247-8796