Re: [OM] 85/2 vs 90/2

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/2 vs 90/2
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 13:24:23 +0000
At 23:32 5/5/01, Thomas Clausen wrote:

I use the 85/2 with some Olympus close-up lens - am satisfied with that in
lack of the 90/2. I don't know the exact close focusing distance, but I
think it goes to about 20-30 cm. I can check, if anyone are interrested.

I've not tried to compare it to other macro-setups (yet). Would be
interresting.

--thomas

I use the 85/2 and 135/2.8 with auto tubes ranging from 7mm to 36mm. Works very well for me with sharp images. With these fast telephotos, you _must_ watch the DOF! It can be very, very shallow. I use the DOF preview buttons which helps if its grossly off, and often "bracket" by shooting several apertures around what I think will work.

-- John