Re: [OM] 85/2 vs 90/2

Subject: Re: [OM] 85/2 vs 90/2
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 19:00:29 +0100
Frieder

The close focus is 0.85m for the 85/2, 0.7 for the 100/2 and 1.0 for the 100/2.8... sort of halfway between the 2 real competitors. I would not compete it against the 90/2 as it is a Macro lens and that is cheating :>).

I am arguing about this because I like using the 85/2 with an extension ring for closeup stuff, and it seems to work fine.

Chris

With about half of the weight and 23mm less in lenght and 12mm less in max. diameter, it is much more handy, and it uses 49mm filter thread. Drawback is the worst close focusing
capability among the short Zuiko-teles.

Frieder Faig
--
<|_:-)_|>