Re: [OM] Mosquito Repellant - was HELP: what should I take !?!?!

Subject: Re: [OM] Mosquito Repellant - was HELP: what should I take !?!?!
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 22:08:49 +1000
People who eat either shouldn't be allowed out in public. They are little
more than brewery waste - the dead yeast scraped off the walls of the vats.
You can persuade people to buy/eat anything with the right advertising
campaign. Bovril rules, OK?!
A park ranger of my acquaintance claims that mossies/sandflies/horse flies
are not attracted to muted colours like dull greens, browns, beige but to
bright white and light, bright colours. When he told me this, I was being
bitten badly and he was untouched - I looked down and the biters were
clustered on the edge of my white socks. Later observation bears out his
claim. CO2 is a bit unreliable in the open with a breeze - they use more
than this.