Re: [OM] motor drive pin assignment?...long

Subject: Re: [OM] motor drive pin assignment?...long
From: rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ruediger Betzold)
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 01:26:47 +0200 (MET DST)
> Jim wrote and Mark commented to the same effect:
> "Actually [using a Motor Drive on the bellows] works very well. I have done
> it for years. The MD does not run until after the exposure. I use a relay
> cord and the M18v controlpack instead of a cable release. With my OM4 I can
> even use the mirror
> prefire (via self timer) and then have it autowind after the shot is
> complete. makes it very convenient to bracket or take multiple shots of
> a single composition. You don't have to worry about knocking things out
> of alignment when winding."
>
> I stand corrected!!!
> Thanks for the info.  It sounds very effective.
> --p.j.

That is exactly what I thought. It will work nicely.
I came up with the idea in autum while trying to take some
exposures outside around 0 degree celsius having the bellow with body and
the like on a tripod in a very uncomfortable position near ground level
for over an hour.
And nearly half of the time I manually wind after the shot I had to correct
the position of all the stuff.
My first idea was: 'hey I have a winder 2 that will fit'
I was running upstairs to my apartment (the picture session took place in
the garden) heading down and was somehow disappointed that the winder is to
high.
The only position it can be used with the bellow was in the backmost position
of the rear part of the bellow. For some exposures is was ok, since I tried
the effect of a 2.8/135 with the bellow.
(not the macro tele! -- err need some times
the 80 and 135 version, but you know I'm right now short on money ... ;-)
So I tried the 'shaking' effect of a winder already. not a problem if you
will do it as described above. But you will really gain a lot.
So a need for a MD was born (beside my winder) - now you know a part of
my acquisition plan for OM parts. Somehow randomized in the last week.

Thanks all for the information for MD pin asignment and the hint
for possible problems if no fitting energy source is available.
I think I will not buy the lonesome part. As I prefer to really test
the correct working of stuff before buying.

Rudy
  Berlin/Germany