Re: [OM] motor drive pin assignment?...long

Subject: Re: [OM] motor drive pin assignment?...long
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 19:14:24 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 8 Apr 2001, Jim Couch wrote:

> Actually it works very well. I have done it for years. The MD does not
> run until after the exposure.

If I remember correctly, the MD's motor does need to run in order to trip
the shutter.  It doesn't need to run much, just enough to move the little
pin that you see sticking out of the MD.  So technically the MD does run
before the exposure is made and could introduce some vibration.  It probably
only makes a difference if you're taking microphotographs (ie. through a
microscope) rather than macrophotographs.
                                        -mark