RE: [OM] OT eBay comment

Subject: RE: [OM] OT eBay comment
From: William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 12:38:50 -0500
How about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
<http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1218737435>
&item=1218737435

$95 for the Vivitar Macrofocussing teleconverter?  Gimme a break!!! I have 2
of these with cases and boxes.  I paid $60 Canadian for each (about $40
U.S.).  This person has a bid though.

I really think that alot of people on Ebay are clueless about the value of
things.  I recently had been bidding on some telescope stuff (3 items).
After a while, the bidding went $25, $10, and $8 above what you could get
them for NEW (and this is before shipping!!!!).  Why anyone would bid on
something without knowing the price of the item new really astounds me.

Anyone else with similar stories of stupidity?