Re: [OM] OT eBay comment

Subject: Re: [OM] OT eBay comment
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 16:40:15 -0400

Bob Whitmire wrote:

> It's been my experience selling other stuff on eBay that a knowledgeable
> seller with a good product well described can expect not to meet reserve,
> while shady dealers wearing dark cloaks who slither through the night
> whispering "Psst! Hey! You wanna nice Zuiko?" enjoy astronomical returns on
> their auctions. Go figger. <wink>

Actually, I experienced a case where I made about 1500rofit on an item
by selling it on ebay and I described the item completely honestly.
However, that was a situation where I got an amazing deal on the item (a
piece of networking equipment) and later decided that I didn't need it.
I bought the equipment for $600 CAD and sold it for $1525 CAD. The most
interesting thing was that how often do you see a profit on computer
equipment, especially after owning it for a year?

--
Andrew "Frugal" Dacey,
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx