Re: [OM] Resetting an OMPC

Subject: Re: [OM] Resetting an OMPC
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 08:00:55 -0600
----- Original Message ----- from: "Chris O'Neill"
> I bid on the OM-PC cuz I've been intrigued by the features it provides.
> Was hoping this "deal" would give me an inexpensive way to play with
> one.

It's just a shame about this camera.  It has some of the more unique
features that Olympus has put together, but it does seem to be a rather
frail package.  I tried successively to buy two of them from KEH and had to
send both back because in one case the display was dead and in another the
mirror would occasionally lock up.  I recall simply winding the switch to
battery check to reset the mirror, but I didn't like the odds of losing
several frames per roll.  It is an exceptionally light body, and that may
have been part of the problem in that it tended to be used by folks who
didn't baby it enough.

I hope you can find one from someone who can guarantee that the thing works.
It's a neat body.

Joel W.