Re: [OM] Resetting an OMPC

Subject: Re: [OM] Resetting an OMPC
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 22:45:26 -0700
On 9 Feb 2001, at 20:03, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> Mine's got film in it so I can't verify this, but try turning the shutter
> speed dial to "B."

Then, a little while later, Charles Packard chimed-in:

> You can find a manual for the OM-PC at:
> http://www.heier.com/olydocs/
> Check 'Questions and Answers' pages 71 and 72

And, finally, the world's expert John Hermanson advised:

> Mirror should automatically reset as you screw the battery cap down.

Thanks for those suggestions, guys!  I tried the "set it to B" thing, and
read through the Q&A of the manual.  Unfortunately, nothing changes
when fresh batteries are inserted.  Same result when I use known-good
batteries out of 'nuther camera, too.

'Nuther words, looks like this puppy is DOA.  (SIGH!)  Unfortunately, the
auction description said it was being sold "as-is" (that's why the great
price), so I don't have much recourse.  On the upside, the price was
good 'nuff that I'm not out too much.

In short, sometimes when you roll the dice you come up with "7" and
sometimes you come up with "snake eyes."  Looks like this time I got
the latter instead of the former.

(SIGH!)  Thanks, again, for the suggestions.

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  It sure LOOKS nice, though!  :-)

---