[OM] Bushhawk camera stock (was: Quality issues on the 600mm tele?)

Subject: [OM] Bushhawk camera stock (was: Quality issues on the 600mm tele?)
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:33:16
Thanks, there was a good photo of the Bushhawk stock on the website. It's almost but not quite what I had in mind. I do like the non-gunny appearance and skeletal construction with vertical grip, but would prefer something with an extended fore-end. I would like to use a sling to steady my hold, a technique familiar to folks who've shot matches in which a sling is practically a must to be competitive.

An extended fore-end with an adjustable pad would also be handy for photographing from sitting positions - the pad height could be adjusted to rest comfortably across a knee, accomodating those of us with extra insulation, spare tires and love handles who can't bend forward quite as far as we used to. This type of stock has become quite the rage in airgun field target shooting which is mostly done from sitting positions.

Looks like I may have found a use for a couple of spare gunstocks lying around in the garage...or I may cannibalize the stock from one of those cheapo plasticky crossbows.

Lex
===

Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 12:07:05 -0700
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>