Re: [OM] A bit OT - Trip to the US

Subject: Re: [OM] A bit OT - Trip to the US
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:45:30 EST
If you are looking for great weather, head for San Diego..the median temp is
around 68F. Lots of sunshine..no  rain to speak of.

I think you have to determine whether you'll enjoy seeing "the sights" (movie
studios, Disney, coastline, "homes of the stars", seeing the stars' stars on
Hollywood Blvd, etc.....or you're more into nature and wildlife..if, so ,
then get in the car and head east.

You can make a great trip of visiting LA a couple days, then heading north up
the coast, heading up to San Francicsco (I love that town) and then seeing
the napa Valley area north of San Francicso. Great seashore, great food,
great towns.

If you are  more into unusual phenomena of nature, get the heck out of LA and
head over to Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon. I love the Canyon in the winter
when the tourists aren't around. With the crisp winter skies the stars are
huge and seem a lot larger than normal (of course, at 5500 ft high, they ARE
a lot closer..LOL) Stay at the El Tovar hotel right on the south rim. Take
500 rolls of film, sit on the ledge and watch the colors change thru the day
in the Canyon. Take the helicopter rode thru the Canyon...it's awesome. make
the drive from the Canyon back to Veas, passing over the awesome Hoover
bridge. Change your flight to fly out of Vegas so you can check it out..Vegas
is certainly a one-of-a-kind experience...a cornucopia of OM shots....try the
roasted lamb at the continenetal restaurat at The Mirage..the best I've had
Anywhere.

Dammit...now you've got me wanting to go back...

Susan Steele
Virginia USA