Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Italy: Camera/lens advice
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:20:28 EST
In a message dated 1/25/01 4:59:41 PM Pacific Standard Time, JWHays@xxxxxxx
writes:

<< >I wouldn't take a tripod, either, nor\ a flash -- the tripod is
advertising

 I wouldn't necessarily agree with this...if you are traveling in the great
 cities of Europe and don't take a tripod for night photography you are
 missing a big part of the fun and truly beautiful photo opportunities. I  >>

 I agree!  A tripod is essential for me.  When I was in Rome running around
late, I felt safer having a weapon ready if need be (ofcourse I don't promote
violence).
I am sure anyone who has toted a monopod around can attest-people will think
you have a billy club and usually stand a step further away from you at the
stoplights/crosswalks.
John R