Re: [OM] 50mm f/1.2 Versions

Subject: Re: [OM] 50mm f/1.2 Versions
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 07:16:22 -0600
On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 12:16:15AM -0700, Chris O'Neill wrote:
> Not tonight!  The first couple of shots got the usual, "Oh no... he's at it
> again!" response but, after awhile, nobody seemed to notice I was still
> taking photos.

This is exactly why I don't use flash in this kind of place. To me, the
whole point of taking pictures at a gathering like this is to show what
folks really do, and a flash is distracting and changes the group dynamics.
I shot my parents' 40th anniversary party with an OM-4, 55/1.2, and Portra
160NC. (I didn't buy the film; if I had, it'd have been 400NC.) While there
were lots of frames that had to be discarded because of camera shake and
subject motion, more than I was expecting turned out to be usable.