Re: [OM] 50mm f/1.2 Versions

Subject: Re: [OM] 50mm f/1.2 Versions
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 11:42:06 -0700
At 08:10 AM 1/21/2001 -0700, Chris O'Neill wrote:
>On 21 Jan 2001, at 2:54, Larry wrote:
>
>> If it was print film, you are still in the hands of the way the lab decides
>> to color correct. (even if there's no color correction to do...)
>
>It's print film.  And, yeah, I know.
>
>That brings up 'nuther question...  IS there 1600 slide film???

Chris, mang, you *really* need to get to Technicare or McBain's more often, and
nose around their film fridges.  Fuji makes a 1600 ASA slide film (Provia 1600
Professional RSP) which can be processed from 800 to 4800 ASA.  Kodak, not to
be outdone, makes its own 1600 ASA slide film (EKTACHROME P1600 Professional
EPH), which is optimized for 1600 push.  Both films are colour-corrected for
daylight or electronic flash.  If you want to use B&W negative, Ilford's Delta
3200 is a favourite of mine for available-light photography, and it's easy to
develop at home (Ilford's DD-X developer is a bit pricey, though...).

By the by, Technicare still has a small whack of Agfa's Scala 200 B&W slide
film.  I'd buy the lot, but I've never had luck doing home-based reversal
developing, and I don't know a pro lab in town that would do it.  Gotta ask the
Technicare folks, I guess.

Garth

Garth
-------
"Let me give you a tip: corporate presidents don't spank you and then drive off
on a moped."

   -- Lewis,
      "The Drew Carey Show"