Re: [OM] 50mm f/1.2 Versions

Subject: Re: [OM] 50mm f/1.2 Versions
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 12:09:10 -0700
On 21 Jan 2001, at 11:42, Garth Wood wrote:

> >That brings up 'nuther question...  IS there 1600 slide film???
>
> Chris, mang, you *really* need to get to Technicare or McBain's more often,
> and nose around their film fridges.

They put *film* in those fridges???  I thought the fridges were for the
beer! :-)))

Seriously, though, I *don't* spend 'nuff time wandering McBain's.  The
downtown store doesn't have the pro stuff, and it's inconvenient to trot
out to the 7th Avenue store.  Besides, I kinda limit my visits to McBain's
because I usually leave with emptier pockets than when I came.  :-)

Who (and where) the heck is Technicare?!?!?

> Fuji makes a 1600 ASA slide film... Kodak, not to be outdone, makes its
> own 1600 ASA slide film... If you want to use B&W negative, Ilford's
> Delta 3200 is a favourite...

Up to now, I've stuck with the "consumer" films...  Kirkland (Agfa),
Konica, Kodak (when Costco quit selling Kirkland...  damn them!), and
now back to Konica, all of the above as print films.  I shot one roll of Fuji
reversal...  can't remember the name, but it was recommended by a
listmember and the results were nice...  but we don't have a projector
and viewing the results through a loupe was a pain.  And, finally, I *still*
have that roll of Illford HP5 rolling around in my bag...  I'm *not* really
into B/W photography.

Gradually, I'm expanding my horizons.  This quick foray into 1600 print
film was the first attempt at something "non-standard."  It was VERY
fun, and if the results are decent I just *might* venture further off the
"consumer" beaten path.  Might be some time, though, before I venture
onto the reversal film path.

Thanks for the info, though.  Lemme know offlist where Technicare is so
I can wander through there someday.  :-)

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)