Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement
From: "Daan Kalmeijer" <daan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:14:25 +0100
Olaf e.o.,

Tried the same thing, searching for my own name. Found nothing. The searched
for the name of my site, "pictues of insects". This resulted all kind of
pictures (from dogs, frogs, a lot of people and indeed some insects). There
was one of my pictures in there. No reference to anything else on my site.
This is what really bothers me. Exept for the original URL which kan be seen
on the status bar of a browser, there is no reference to my site, the
context of the picture or any of my copyrights. There even is a "Copyright ©
2000 Lycos" underneath the thumbs page! They surely don't have any copyright
for that and I would at least expect them to notify me when entering my
pictures into their system. I also would want them to give me the
opportunity to get my pictures out of there!

2 more Eurocents

Daan