Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement
From: Simon Evans <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:26:49 GMT
One response to such actions is to add some copyright text to the image
before you save it. I do this sometimes, after having seen it elsewhere.
That way at least your name is on the thing (unless some mad fool wants to
touch it out).
Another response is not to worry.

A third is not to put images up in public places. You could use non-indexed
pages (don't submit your URL to search engines and don't have other sites
linking to yours). I wonder if these image search robots can access
photopoint folders, for example?

Simon E.