Re: [OM] Lens hood for 35-105 mm Zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens hood for 35-105 mm Zuiko
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:31:47 +0000
At 14:20 1/17/01, you wrote:
I have the Zuiko 35-105mm lens and would like to know if there is a lens hood
designed for this lens?  I've used the one for the 35-70 mm and it seems to
work fine.  If there is one specifically for the 35-105mm, does anyone in
Zuikoland know where one might be found.  Thanks,  Bill Barber

Bill,
There is one specifically for it. Identical to the 35-70 clamp-on hood with the addition of a lip on the ring to keep it from slipping down past the end of the lens barrel. Can't tell you of an immediate source for one right now. They are not as common as other hoods, but not that scarce either; you have to stay on the lookout for it and grab it when one shows up somewhere. I suggest periodically checking the listings of used dealers on line that list the lower cost accessories such as lens hoods. About once a week usually works, and one will pop up in EX condition or better within a month or two.

-- John