Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement

Subject: Re: [OM] Lycos Copyright Infringement
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:33:49 +1100
>Anyone who's interested in details, on-line gov't. sources for current U.S.
>copyright laws, email me off-list.  I'll send you a list of links to U.S.
>gov't sites with current policies, procedures and laws.  I read them when I
>set up the notice on my site.  Since the mail list is international, U.S.
>laws are not applicable to a good number of list members.
>-- John

I saw this type of discussion on another list and, like them and despite
the above statement, I think you guys tend to forget that this is a
WORLD-WIDE web, populated by lots of folk how don't give a stuff about the
niceties and intricacies of US policy and law. If Lycos is doing this, they
are opening you up to theft by people who are untouchable by US domestic
legislation. What redress is offered by international copyright
aggreements, we should ask.
Andrew