Re: [OM] ebay Auctions

Subject: Re: [OM] ebay Auctions
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 00:29:16 +0000
At 03:01 1/14/01, George S. wrote:
Could you let the rest of us in on it please?

George S.

<< At 18:39 1/13/01, you wrote:
 >When you`re a a bit into german, you might find this auction funny:

George (and other Deutsch-challenged list members), following is an approximate translation of his ad text into U.S. English:

  The glass is like-new condition.
  Comes with front and back caps.
  Comes with original packing.

  Due to my experience with Olympus product customers I must state
  I cannot answer any of the following:

  Did Mr. or Mrs. Maitaini perform final inspection
  Or was it only by one of their employees?
  Was the brass used in the helical (?? lit: snail) delivered to the
  Shigemitsu factory before December 1, 1982?
  Was the Lanthan glass used hand made and allowed
  to cool for at least six months, and if not, why wasn't it?

  Also, I do not have a gas-chromatograph/mass-spectrometer
  to undertake an investigation of whether the hand weldments
  by final assembler Kenichi Ogamura are on the order of nano-
  or picograms, and its edge resolution with the lens wide open
  is noticeable in a 9-cent [pfennig] Rossmann Drugstore print.

[Frieder, I think I got the gist of it.]

And that's why I was ROFL.

-- John