Re: [OM] ebay Auctions

Subject: Re: [OM] ebay Auctions
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:50:24 +0100
Congratulations John,

you`re not only getting the gist, you`re very, very close.
Thanks, I felt it was worth for a translation,
but mine would´ve been inconvinient.

Well, at the moment I`m reasoning to send this guy an excuse
with some explanations why the OM custommers, want everything
described in detail.

Frieder Faig

> George (and other Deutsch-challenged list members), following is an
> approximate translation of his ad text into U.S. English:
>
>    The glass is like-new condition.
>    Comes with front and back caps.
>    Comes with original packing.
>
>    Due to my experience with Olympus product customers
>    I cannot answer any of the following:
>
>    Did Mr. or Mrs. Maitaini perform final inspection
>    Or was it only by one of their employees?
>    Was the brass used in the helical (?? lit: snail) delivered to the
Yes, 'Schnecke' is a bit informal, but means a part of the rotating helicoid.