Re: [OM] .....Is it worth it....?

Subject: Re: [OM] .....Is it worth it....?
From: "tmlee" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 09:42:19 +0800
Dear Jim......
U wrote...........

>I am not sure what is your desire without knowing your true
>intention.  By just reading your question, I will not buy used OM-4
>and repair it.  Instead, I would look for a decent used OM-4Ti because
>of new spare parts for the 4Ti should be available today by Olympus,
>whereas for OM-4, there are no more new spare parts produced by
>them.

I am seeing quite a few OM4 bodies around.... one was very new looking.....
I haven;t seen any OM4Ti used or new..... ( I would definitely buy the OM4Ti
without hesitation)

But from what the repairman said and what U said, I guess its only wise to
avoid the OM4 and wait patiently for the 4Ti instead.... Th erepairman said
the entire circuit board must be changed.... clasiming that he done it
before..... and concluding that its not worth it to buy one and spend some

Peace
TMLee