[OM] .....Is it worth it....?

Subject: [OM] .....Is it worth it....?
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 12:44:53 -0600
I am not sure what is your desire without knowing your true
intention.  By just reading your question, I will not buy used OM-4
and repair it.  Instead, I would look for a decent used OM-4Ti because
of new spare parts for the 4Ti should be available today by Olympus,
whereas for OM-4, there are no more new spare parts produced by
them.

I have a 13 year old OM-4 which I bought brand new.  The LCD
is fading.  The Olympus no longer produce the LCD for the -4,
and as I understand, it is very difficult to replace with the 4Ti
LCD because of either the incompatibility LCD pin out or
attachment to the flexible PC board -  I've seen them.  So
I am going to stick with fading LCD along with fading vision...

Jim Terazawa

tmlee wrote:

> Dear All.....
> Is a practice to buy a used OM4 and send it for 'repair' to correct the
> notorious battery leaking circuit ?
>
> Those of U who have done it, can U plse share your experience ?

<snip>