[OM] .....Is it worth it....?

Subject: [OM] .....Is it worth it....?
From: "tmlee" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 02:09:33 +0800
Dear All.....
Is a practice to buy a used OM4 and send it for 'repair' to correct the
notorious battery leaking circuit ?

Those of U who have done it, can U plse share your experience ?

I called up the local agent/service centre here and spoke to the guy who has
been faithfully servicng my OM4Ti for all those ocassional hiccups........
well ..... he discouraged me from buying any at all on the pretext of
sending it to him for overhaul.... He says its too expensive.... the whole
board has to be changed , even th etop plate has to be replaced..... costing
about US$230 just to deal with this leaky problem.

Does anyone have a different opinion ?

Peace
TMLee