Re: [OM] slide duplicator ques

Subject: Re: [OM] slide duplicator ques
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:37:50 EST
> I did some slide copying several years ago using the bellows with slide
> copier attachment and a Zuiko 50mm/f3.5 macro lens. I placed the
> bellows on a tripod near a window and used natural lighting. I used the
> film recommended by Kodak to control contrast. I wound up with an
> ASA of 4. I was trying to correct some overexposed slides, the result
> of a sticky lens diaphram. The results were quite good.
>
> Robert

OOPS!!!!

Don't know where my head was on this one. The particular slides were
slightly underexposed, the result of a incorrectly set ASA speed. I also
attempted to correct some slightly over exposed slides, the result of a
sticky diaphram, but as you know, if the detail isn't there, nothing can
be done. I had taken many rolls of film during a tour of duty in Thailand
in the late sixties and had Kodak ship them home after processing. My
wife said there was "something wrong" with them but never explained
what was wrong or sent one back for me to see.

AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG... a once in a lifetime photo op down the
tubes. Live and learn.  :-(  The only ones I saved were made with an
Olympus Pen FT.

Robert