Re: [OM] slide duplicator ques

Subject: Re: [OM] slide duplicator ques
From: Jim Couch <spknsprkt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 21:06:47 -0800
Kodak makes three slide duplicating films. Kodak Ektachrome slide
duplicating film 5071 is rated at EI 12 and is specifically designed for
copying Ektachrome slides. There is also a type K version for Kodachrome
dupes. Both of these films are balanced for tungsten lighting. for us
hobbyists the best choice is probably the SE duplicating film SO-366 which
is balanced for electronic flash. The new films have a more consistent
speed rating, but it also seems to vary based on the type of slides you are
copying. BTW Eric, holding the duplicator up to a window for lighting is
defiantly less satisfactory than a flash. IME the slide duplicating films
are VERY sensitive to lighting, you can get some funny color shifts if you
try to use regular daylight. Even with a consistent EI I find it worth
bracketing like crazy when duping slides.

Jim Couch