Re: [OM] slide duplicator ques

Subject: Re: [OM] slide duplicator ques
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:57:44 EST
In a message dated 11/15/00 4:57:51 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> The biggest problem I found with slide
> copying, though, was contrast. I needed to use a low-contrast film to
> offset the already high contrast of the original slides. Kodak used to
> make a film especially for this purpose, with an unspecified but very

I did some slide copying several years ago using the bellows with slide
copier attachment and a Zuiko 50mm/f3.5 macro lens. I placed the
bellows on a tripod near a window and used natural lighting. I used the
film recommended by Kodak to control contrast. I wound up with an
ASA of 4. I was trying to correct some overexposed slides, the result
of a sticky lens diaphram. The results were quite good.

Robert