[OM] slide duplicator ques

Subject: [OM] slide duplicator ques
From: Eric Goodell <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 16:58:34 -0500
Here's a question that I haven't been able to answer well from looking at
archives, although the archives often hold full discussions of questions
people bring up sometimes.

I'm looking to copy some slides, about 40. I'm thinking of getting a slide
duplicator (lens & holder all in one ~50-60 US). I do not want to shell out
hundreds of $ for OM's bellows, slide copier etc.

My question is, has anyone used these all in one duplicators (I think that
is the technical distinction between a duplicator and a copier?), and do
they work decently? By decently, I mean, do they have a (1) flat enough
focal plane and/or depth of field, (2) no chromatic aberrations? Or, what
are the main flaws of such duplicators?

Of course this is subjective, so let me give some more info about what I'll
be using it for. I am borrowing some slides taken in Japan, which I want to
show to a class. They are not so much artistic as just to give people a
picture, or "image" of various places in Japan. If I use a cheapie
duplicator, will the slides not be obviously defective when projected?

Light source = tethered (or not) t32; I also have a 50mm f3.5 macro

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Eric