[OM] FS: Zuiko 85/2 SC

Subject: [OM] FS: Zuiko 85/2 SC
From: Alasdair Mackintosh <alasdair.mackintosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Nov 2000 14:57:00 +0000
I have a Zuiko 85/2 single-coated lens for sale. Asking price is 60 UK
pounds (about US$ 86) plus shipping. Non-OM lens caps are included.

I bought the lens about 6 months ago at a local camera fair (for the same
price that I'm asking). At first I thought it was going to be an occasional
supplementary lens to my 100/2.8 but I found myself using it most of the
time. (I like its compact size, and the extra stop's handy.) So, when
someone offered me a multi-coated 85/2 at a reasonable price I decided that
I might as well upgrade.

I've just taken some comparison shots with the two lenses. There's a slight
improvement in contrast with the MC version, and a slightly better
resistance to flare, but there's not a great deal in it.

The SC lens I'm selling has seen a fair amount of use. There are signs of
paint wearing off the aperture ring, and there's some brassing on the lens
mount. The aperture ring feels slightly loose, although it still stops down
smoothly. There's a small dent in the side of the lens just behind the
filter ring, although the ring itself is ok, and filters still screw in
easily.

There's a scratch about 2mm long in the centre of the front element.
(Doesn't seem to affect picture quality.) The rear element looks fine. In
summary, it's a good usable lens if you're not after perfect cosmetic
appearance.

Please mail me off-list if you are interested. I'm in the UK, and would
require payment in UK funds.

Thanks,

Alasdair