Re: [OM] macro

Subject: Re: [OM] macro
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 07:20:39 -0700
On 10 Nov 2000, at 10:16, P Bernad wrote:

> Another beginer question. Is there any possibility of doing decent macro
> photography without selling the car to get a lens? Thanks

Get a set of extension tubes.  Non-OM manual tubes are the cheapest,
then Olympus manual tubes and, finally, if you have the money
Olympus auto tubes.  By "manual" and "auto" I mean that the "manual"
ones close down the aperture as you change it (making it difficult to
frame and focus when you're closed down, but "auto" tubes don't close
down the aperture until the shutter release is triggered.

Works good...  relatively inexpensive (compared to a 50/3.5 macro for
instance)... and lets you keep driving that car.

Hope that helps...

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)