Re: [OM] wide angle and zoom lens

Subject: Re: [OM] wide angle and zoom lens
From: Alasdair Mackintosh <alasdair.mackintosh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 Nov 2000 09:57:13 +0000
Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 3. I can recommend the 21/3.5, from personal experience. It's tiny
>    (about the same size as your 28/2.8) and gives excellent results.

I can echo Ray's sentiments - it's a great lens. Some slight
vignetting at f3.5 but otherwise excellent.

During my Nikon period, I acquired (besides strained muscles and an aching
shoulder) a Nikkor 20/2.8 lens. This is a very good lens, and I was
slightly concerned that the Zuiko might not offer the same quality. I took
some test shots of a building with both the Nikkor and the Zuiko that I was
considering purchasing, scanned then in at 2400 dpi, and compared the
results. They were, as far as I coould see, identical.

True, the Nikkor has an extra half stop or so, but then again it's twice
the size.

Alasdair