Re: [OM] OM4 vs OM4T

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 vs OM4T
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 11:33:57 -0800
Hello,

Could you help me in any of these questions?

I've got a OM4. I'd like to know if it is worth to update the electronics
to the newer OM4T like. I do not know if it makes a lot of difference, how
much it could be and where to do that. Does it affect the metering system
quality?

Pablo

Pablo

My understanding is that the only reason for doing it is if there is a failure that causes the OM4 to use up batteries quickly. There is no advantage at all if your OM4 is working fine. People with the battery usage problem just usually shop carefully for the best price on batteries and remove them from the camera when it is not being used.

The modification is very expensive and it is difficult to find a repair facility that will do it.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA