Re: [OM] OM4 vs OM4T

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 vs OM4T
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 23:44:00 +0000
It is not worth updating an OM4 with a Ti circuit unless there is a
serious electrical problem with your OM4.

The main two improvements of the OM4-Ti circuitry are lower battery drain
and ability to use the super FP abilities of the F280 flash.

The Ti circuitry does not include any improvements in metering.

Your OM4 may already have a Ti circuit in it.  It seems that many OM4s
developed circuit problems early in their lives, probably while still
under warranty, and had a Ti circuit fitted when they were repaired.

You can test to see which type of circuit is fitted to your OM4 by setting
the mode switch to battery check.  If the beeping stops after 30 seconds a
Ti circuit is fitted, if the beeping does not stop then the circuit is
original.

Fitting a Ti circuit is around $300 I belive.

Giles