RE: [OM] Backpacking cameras

Subject: RE: [OM] Backpacking cameras
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 11:13:29 +0100

I would like to second Hans' suggestion. My wife and I have been using a
Centurion for the last few months, and have been very impressed with it. I have
almost always left my OM's behind for backpacking and ski-touring , and used an
XA or Rollie 35 because of the weight of the camera hanging in front (45lb+
backpack!). But the Centurion is a really good solution; the closest thing to my
old Pen FT, but with a great zoom lens. And the teleconverter weighs almost
nothing, but gives the equivalent of a 180mm lens.
The pictues that my wife took in Wales this summer were often better than mine
with my OM-4Ti....

Regards, Roger Key

>If you don't mind APS, how about the Centurion. Weighs 460g, which is
>including a sharp 31~125mm zoom lens with aspherical elements, and is SLR
>(or ZLR).

http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/is-series/is-series.htm

hnz