Re: [OM] OM Cameras and Shutter rings.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Cameras and Shutter rings.
From: "John Pendley" <jpendley@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:10:55 -0400
John,
This makes perfect sense.  In fact, I was taught that this is the only way
to hold a 35mm camera, and it still bothers me to see actors, playing
photographers--not to mention the folks you see in person--raising the left
hand, palm down, to focus.  Everything but the shutter release, and perhaps
the compensation settings, should really be available to the fingers of the
left hand while the camera is cradled in the left hand.  It's much like
balancing a rifle with the left hand and relying the right hand for nothing
but squeezing the trigger.   (Sorry if all this sounds didactic.)  This
said, I still have trouble differentiation between , not to mention
*finding* the raised shutter speed "handles," the depth of field button,
etc. without moving the camera from my eye and turning it around.  But then
I've only been using Oly's for a short time, and I'm sure the feel of it all
will come.
JP