Re: [OM] OM Cameras and Shutter rings.

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Cameras and Shutter rings.
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:05:12 -0700
In a message dated 10/19/00 Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

<< We probably have way too many of these things now. There is a lot to
be said for  having 1 camera and 1 lens for a LONG time and really
getting to know it. Same with film. >>

Excellent point. I know in my own case I don't use the shutter ring at
all ever since I bought my first OM-2S back in 1986. Yes, sadly OM-1
gets used that little... For the past 10+ years I have used one kind of
film, Fuji RDP (I, then II, and now Provia F but it is an evolution of
the same film anyway). Up until recently my mainstay lens was a Tamron
SP 60-300 which has almost the same feel, weight, and balance on the OM
body as my new-to-me Tamron SP 80-200/2.8 LD. In other words with that I
am very comfortable. Because of this I know that with the OM-2S, the
Tamron 80-200, and Provia F film that my results will be very
predictable. Of course I push the limits trying to get away with the
slowest possible shutter speeds when panning at times and the like, but
aside from that I can pretty much tell what I'm going to get which is
pretty important lest I burn vast amounts of film making sure.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com