Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit

Subject: Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:42:28 +1100
>Yes, it will get worse. You may consider using "super glue" since it is so
>thin that it will be wicked up into the crack. I never tried it so caveats
>fully apply.
>Be Seeing You.
>Dirk Wright

Wouldn't recommend 'superglue' - it tends not to work unless pressure can
be applied and it has no ability to fill even a small void - bridge the gap
in other words. I'd use Araldite (I've no idea what JB Weld is but it
sounds useful) or, even better, the correct solvent type plastic adhesive
for this plastic. These work by dissolving the plastic along a break and
then resetting, creating a very strong repair. There are diffent types so
you have to identify which plastic is used for the case - depends on
whether it's a styrene, PVC or other type of resin.
Andrew