RE: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit

Subject: RE: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit
From: "Dave Bulger" <david_bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 06:18:54 -0500
Ray,

Yes, it's a common fault with the T32.  I, another list member, have
experienced it.  Yes, it's likely to get worse.

My T32 CAME with a cracked base that had been superglued and appears to be
functioning well.

I don't thing the design flaw per se is in the base, but in the sheer amount
of weight/mass that that little bitty base is meant to support.  Kind of
like balancing a watermelon on a toothpick -- it can be done, but very, very
carefully.

Generally, my T32 goes on the hot shoe just before I plan to use it and
comes off immediately afterwards.  I don't even set the camera down until
that big ol' heavy beast is off of there.

Dave