Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit (Also Winder battery trays)

Subject: Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit (Also Winder battery trays)
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 14:02:10 -0500
An observation:

As plastic ages, it gets brittle.  With the constant pressure of the
batteries in the battery chamber of the T-32, it is inevitable that the
body of the flash will eventually crack.  The body _can_ be replaced
(I've seen it done), but why not be careful and remove the batteries
whenever the flash isn't in use?

Also, leaving batteries in the battery tray of your Winder 1 or Winder 2
will eventually cause them to deform, too, resulting in intermittant
contact.  Best remove batteries from them, too.