Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit (follow-up)

Subject: Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit (follow-up)
From: rtomcala <rtomcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 07:03:26 -0400
Jim,
  Other brands do, in fact, have this problem.  The best known one is
the venerable Vivitar 285 and 285.  The major difference being that the
Vivitar replacement feet cost sometimes 4 times what the T-32/T-20 feet
cost.  The good point there though is that they are at least 10 times
easier to replace than the Olympus.  This problem is also frequent on
the larger Minolta flashes.
  This brings up a good question.  What is the proper procedure to
replace the broken foot on a T-32/T-20 flash ?  I have at least 6 or 7
T-20's laying around with broken feet awaiting repair.  Never broken one
myself, but just can't pass one up at the flea for $0.50 or $2.00.
Rand E.

Jim Sharp wrote:

> This sounds like something a salesman would come up with...
>
> Did you tell him you prefer "None of the above"
>
> I love my OM's but I think the whole flash setup is somewhat "cheesy."
> The shoes are weak, both on the camera and on the flash units. There is
> no reason a flash shoe should break just from trying to pivot the
> flash...

 "It seems other brands don't have near the same problems."