Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit

Subject: Re: [OM] Cracked T-32 flash unit
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 11:27:13 +0200 (CEST)
Dear Ray & All,

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Ray Moth wrote:

<SNIP>

> had just received from Jaap's Wide Angle site in Rotterdam. Paul used
> my T-32 flash to take an indoor shot or two and noticed there was a
> crack in the black plastic body of the flashgun, just above the 'foot'.
> I had never noticed it before but Paul said he had seen similar cracks
> in other T-32s. It doesn't appear to detract in any way from the
> useability or performance of the unit but it's obviously a physical
> weakness. I'd be interested to know if this is a common fault with the
> T-32. Have other List members experienced it? Do you know if it's
> likely to get worse?

I have three such T32-flashes, of which two have suffered from what you
describe. The one of them (The oldest one) finally gave in, and broke into
pieces. Nothing which Olympus Denmark couldn't fix, though. At least they
say so - I haven't picked up the flash yet although it is ready, so I do
not know what the price was.

So yes, in my experience it may get worse and worse until the point where
it cracks. That said, said flash has always been living its life on the
wild side in the "beater bag". So I am kinda surprised that it hasn't
broken before.

<SNIP>

--thomas