[OM] Re: OT List Admin musings

Subject: [OM] Re: OT List Admin musings
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 01:13:37 +0000
Sorry if I appear to have been asleep at the wheel.  I do not seem to have
the time to keep up with the present volume of list traffic and so have
been concentrating on doing the admin things like dealing with a certain
Finnish hammer thrower and spot reading a few messages here and there.

The bandages come off next week but the cast stays for a while.

I do not have time to moderate the list. Further suggestions on the topic
I will take as volunteering for the job ;-)

I think Dirk had an idea for altering the list software so the 'reply-to'
address was the senders address, not the list address.  IMO this would
defeat the purpose of a list, to a large extent.  Furthermore, Having just
had a quick look at the configurable options - that I am aware of - this
would not appear to be one of them.  So again, volunteers to re-write the
list software are welcome to have a crack at it.  Implementation of the
resulting hack is another issue.

I  have received an off-list suggestion that  perhaps a news group should
be set up so threads could more easily be skipped.  I  think the peanut
gallery phenomenon would make that a worse proposition by far than off
topic excursions.  But if anyone wants to go ahead and set one up, by all
means go ahead and do so.

Going back to sleep now  Zzzzzzzz....

Giles