Re: [OM] GILES: [OT]: of course: +40/2 stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] GILES: [OT]: of course: +40/2 stuff
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:41:09 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Volkhart Baumgaertner wrote:

> but no replies ever make it to the list. Now, of course it's possible that
> there simply were no replies, but I'm pretty sure that more often the
> replies just were never sent to the list because the person replying just
> hit the reply-button without thinking about how the reply-to in the original
> message was set.

Strangely, my email software (pine) asks me if I want to use the
"reply-to" instead of "from" address when I respond to a posting on the
list.  The default is "no", which would email the sender directly & the
list would never see it.

I guess changing the way the list works would be pointless then, since
it can't be guaranteed to work as intended for everyone.  No substitute
for subscribers taking some personal responsibility, learning how to use
their software and arming themselves...  <hsssssssssssss....... signal
lost>

erm, ;)

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |