Re: [OM] Alternative

Subject: Re: [OM] Alternative
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 20:41:49 -0600
At 06:25 PM 9/25/2000 -0700, you wrote:

>>I am even considering to open a separate and more 'globally' oriented
>>channel, where non-Olympus-related traffic would simply be prohibited.
>>
>>Frank van Lindert
>>Utrecht NL.
>I would be happy to join such a list, Frank. I have been lurking on the list
>for about a month and it is sad to see how it has degenerated.  I think you
>would get back many people who have left the list in the past couple of years.

Might I humbly suggest what I believe to be a better idea?

Those of you who've read the missives from Tasty Bits from the Technology Front
(www.tbtf.com) know that they've been using a service previously called "Take
It Offline" and now called "Quick Topic" to allow people to carry on threads of
conversation which diverge from main threads without pestering other people.
Info on how Quick Topic works can be found at:

     http://www.quicktopic.com/

It worked on the various threads at TBTF -- can't see why it couldn't work
here, too.

Garth

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four.  Unless there are
three other people."

   -- Orson Welles