[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1850

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1850
From: Wm Biesele <biesele@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:46:54 -0600
It's not just a pacifist that should do that, it's the law. The use of deadly
force
is covered under some very specific laws and precedents none of which
allow deadly force to protect personal property. If you feel your own life
is threatened fire away, if it's just your property shoot someone and you'll
probably end up doing time. Remember convicted felons can not own firearms.
And OM's wouldn't last long in prison.

Besides, carrying a weapon cuts down on the photo gear you can carry.

If you really want to keep your photo gear from being stolen listen don't carry
it bags which scream "Steal me!" Most thefts do not occur when the owner is
anywhere near.

From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>

My preference is for a Ruger SP101, the OM-1 of revolvers.  Usually when out
in the boonies, but also comforting the other night when I was shooting the
full moon during the wee hours downtown.  Of course, being essentially
pacifistic I'd be more inclined to let someone have my camera bag than to
"let 'em have it."  If he's willing to walk away without making trouble so
am I.

Lex
===