Re: [OM] Batteries, batteries, batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Batteries, batteries, batteries
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:51:39 EDT
In a message dated 9/21/2000 6:27:37 AM, afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Funny - I caught a short burst of Oprah the other day in passing and she
was interviewing some guy about safe tourism - given the tendency for
hijaking and kidnapping in places like the Phillipines. Never once
mentioned South Georgia or any other place in the States strange blindness.
Why do you guys choose to live in such a dangerous place and deal with it
by making it more dangerous?
Andrew >>

I've been thinking about relocating...maybe into Oprah's area in a house with
the nice alarm systems and ever present security guards. Maybe she could
suggest a good personal bodyguard also. On the other hand, I may relocate
overseas...perhaps to one of those safe European or Eastern or midEastern
countries or South American or African or Pacific Island areas where crime
and terrorism and violence and not so nice people are nonexistent. The
problem is that I'm confused by all the international news stories of rising
crime rates, robberies, kidnappings, etc. What's a guy to do? Suggestions?
:-)

Robert