Re: [OM] Batteries, batteries, batteries

Subject: Re: [OM] Batteries, batteries, batteries
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:17:34 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Walt Wayman wrote:

> The current only flows one way.  Using a voltmeter, I get exactly 3 volts
> at the end of the first two batteries.

ISTR contributing to a similar thread last winter (never actually got
around to acting on my own thoughts though).  The problem with tapping
off the two of the cells like that is that of how to do it without
ripping your wiring apart when you take the battery holder out of the
winder.

My thought was to take all 6V out to a micropower voltage regulator
(which may be made to fit into the camera battery compartment) which
will cut it down to 3V.

Certainly, regulators can be had that are the size of a small transistor
(i.e. smaller than a single SR44).

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |             http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/          |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |